I’ve never really come to think that a healthy lifestyle not only helps your body, but has extreme benefits for your hair too. Sure, we want beautiful hair and we want to purchase the best products, but are we eating right and exercising? As much as we want specific hair products that is best for our hair, we also have to take care of our interior bodies first before we can think of our outer appearance.
Research found is that the right diet helps our outer appearance of our hair for moisturized, strong and shiny hair, as well as hair growth. Have you been eating your healthy stuff? I think it’s time we think about that if we want to reach our hair goals. Proper nutrition is definitely one of my goals from this year! It not only helps us with our hair, but a healthy lifestyle prevents us from certain types of diseases, glowing skin, looking younger and feeling confident, healthy weight and proper functioning of body organs to mention a few.
- Water – Get proper hydration by drinking lots of water to feed and moisturize your hair, which also encourages hair growth. Water also helps for a glowing skin.
- Replace fatty snacks with health snacks. Instead of grabbing chips and sweets, grab fruits such as apples, bananas, avocados, oranges, strawberries, peaches and apricots to quench your sweet cravings. Fruits help for strong, healthy shiny hair. They promote scalp health, strengthened strands and hair growth.
- Have some nuts for snacking as well. Cashews, almonds, walnuts, butternuts are all beneficial for the hair and scalp. They contain high levels of protein, and rich in Omega 3 fatty acids.
- Protein is crucial for healthy and strong hair. Consider eggs, chicken, dairy products, fish and nuts to get all protein essentials enough to help your hair growth and manageable hair.
- Get your leafy green vegetables ready for maximum hair strength. Iron helps prevent hair loss and thinning hair. Spinach, broccoli, cucumber and a number of other greens which will keep your hair away from shedding.
- Exercise regularly such as as walking, jogging, running and multiple other exciting exercises you can choose from.
Remember a healthy lifestyle=healthy hair, and a more healthy you!