It’s 2017 and I hope all is well with you. Let’s toast to a good year ahead!
These are probably the “not so good” products I have tried in the past year and I thought I should share the downs and probably the ups about the products I am about to mention. It’s been a roller-coaster year of trying new things and the journey will never probably end! When you are a natural you are bound to try new things all the time, and sometimes you might get disappointed about some of them.
It gets boring when sometimes you are too excited about the product you heard from a friend or a recommendation somewhere only to find out when you try it out, it’s not what you expected at all. So let’s get to it!
African Pride Olive Miracle- Anti Breakage Crème
- The crème and consistency is actually very impressive
- Quite slippery on the hair
- Felt like it dries out my hair in the long run
- Leaves visible white marks on my hair which stays on until my next hair wash, especially when you put on a lot
- Probably not best for 4c hair but for hair that is straighter
- It mentions you can apply on the hair and scalp. I think it’s probably best to use it on your scalp only when you have natural hair
Aunt Jackie’s Curl la la Defining Curl Custard
- The smell is nice. Might be quite strong for people who are sensitive
- The colour and packaging is actually quite cute!
- Very smooth consistency! Looks like yoghurt like you can eat it up!
- Very slippery on my hair and leaves my hair smoother for longer
- It does actually deliver to its promise
- Leaves hair silky and shiny
- The downside of it is that it really shrinks my hair, I think up to 70%
- Sometimes when I want to do certain hairstyles with my hair I’m unable to because my hair is really little every time I use it
- It does mention you can blow dry your hair on the instructions though I never tried that out. It probably has a different outcome when you blow dry your hair.
- It probably won’t be best for you if you enjoy your long natural hair
I hope you all enjoyed my product review! Please let me know of your thoughts if you have ever used these products and how they work for you. I would love to know!