I tried 3 ranges from the Afro botanics hair care products and I was mostly interested about the shampoo and deep conditioner, because for me these two are most critical when it comes to wash day. A shampoo and a deep conditioner determine the moisture or dryness of my hair during a wash routine. Lately, when my hair is super dry, I do a hot oil treatment in between shampooing and deep conditioning to retain moisture. So without wasting time, let’s get to it!
Black Pearl by Pearl Thusi Aloe Shea Shampoo
- This Shampoo is Sulphate free
- It lathers up fast during washing
- Very light scent
- Light consistency
Conclusions: It lathers up pretty fast and cleans the scalp really well; however my hair does not feel as moisturized as I expected it to after using this shampoo. My sister used it as well but with her hair she said it came out soft and moisturized (as she has softer curls than mine). I presume it works best for those with softer curls.
Tip: If you have very thick and dry hair like mine, you might need some additional work like doing a pre-poo treatment few hours before washing to have more effective results.
Amina Deep Penetrating Moisturising Conditioner
- Includes coconut oil, castor oil and shea butter
- Very thick consistency
- I was not sure about this product at first, because my hair seemed very dry while putting it on but the end result is great
- Place it for 1 hour under a plastic cap or 15 minutes under a hooded dryer
- One of the best deep conditioners I’ve tried
Conclusions: Love at first use! It is literally one of the best deep conditioners I have tried. After washing it out my hair always turns out to be very moisturized, soft and fluffy. I’ve only used it twice but I’m already hooked. A must have!!!
Asantewaa Super Hair Growth
- A combination of coconut oil, castor oil and olive oil
- It has a fluffy consistency
- It is not a moisturiser; it is a hair and scalp treatment after moisturizing for hair growth
- It is basically a hot oil treatment ( as said in the instructions) but it is not meant to be rinsed off
- For best results, it is said to be used on scalp and hairline after every third day
Conclusions: I have been using it for over a week and I’m still in the process to see how it affects my hair and scalp. I will probably give it a couple of months to see if there are any results.
Hope this helps!